Does anyone else ever search for recipes on Pinterest and get super annoyed when they click on it and it’s this lonnng, boring post about why they make it, how they make it and a bunch of other stuff you don’t really care about? You JUST want the recipe, right?! Well, I do. So I am going to do you a favor and just give you the recipe. All you need to know is that this is seriously the BEST.CARROT.CAKE.EVER.
Oh… and I once ate ALL of the frosting off and blamed it on the dog.
Ok, I’m done. Here’s the recipe!
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup salad oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup Dole Crushed Pineapple (drained – save the juice)
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Beat eggs
- Add oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla
- Mix together
- Add to dry ingredients, blending well
- Mix in drained pineapple (save juice)
- Mix in carrots, coconut and nuts
- Pour into two well-greased 9 inchcake pans or (3) 8 inch pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 55 mins
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened at room temp)
1/4 lb. butter (softened)
1 box powdered sugar
3 tbsp. pineapple juice (reserved from cake)
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until soft
- Add powdered sugar slowly
- Add pineapple juice
- Beat together until well-mixed
- Do not add frosting to the cake until it has completely cooled!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! And I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Cheers… ya filthy animal 😉
*Thank you to Dole for sponsoring this post.